On 13 April 2022, Economic Justice Australia, in partnership with Community Legal Centres QLD, hosted a free webinar on TPD (Psycho-Social Disability) claims. This webinar, presented by David Coorey, Special Counsel at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers, identified some of the practical issues in identifying and running these important TPD claims across three key areas:
Checklist – TPD (mental health) assessment:
- Identify a potential TPD claim on behalf of a client
- Referral pathways for caseworkers
Navigating the TPD path:
- Flag some of the barriers that arise when consumers seek to make a TPD claim
- Offer some practical tips to preparing a Mental health (TPD) claim
- Relationship to DSP, NDIS and other social security benefits / schemes
Outcomes for clients:
- Outline the forums for the resolution of TPD disputes
- Lump sum payments.
Listen to a recording of this webinar.