The Federal Government’s 2021–2022 social security budget measures included:
- extension of the four-year newly arrived residents waiting period to Family Tax benefit, Carer payment and Carer Allowance
- further investment in the Cashless Debit Card Program
- a substantial funding boost for Services Australia’s Taskforce Integrity
- funding for Services Australia to enhance delivery of payments and services in remote communities
- funding to support increased mutual obligations being rolled out for job seekers
- two-year trial of a new Escaping Violence Payment of up to $5,000 in value.
The briefing provides a rundown on these and other measures, with commentary.
Read full report here: